The Heritage Circuit is a provincial competition program with the purpose of generating and maintaining participation in General Performance across Saskatchewan by supporting clubs, gaining interest from athletes, coaches and breeders to competitions at an introductory level. The Saskatchewan Horse Federation ensures that riders of all ages, recreational or competitive, have the opportunity to learn to compete, keeping fees reasonable and competitions accessible in each of the Sport Districts around the province.
Prairie Cup is a provincial competition program with the purpose of generating and maintaining participation in High Performance disciplines across Saskatchewan by supporting clubs, gaining interest from athletes, coaches and breeders to competitions at a High Performance level. The Saskatchewan Horse Federation strives to ensure that competitive athletes have the opportunity to compete provincially and at a national level.
SHF rewards athletes for their dedication to the equestrian competitive sports. After having nominated, and qualifying at provincial shows, points from the annual standings are then calculated and prizes are distributed during a special ceremony at the end of the fiscal year.
To hold a Heritage Circuit or Prairie Cup recognized show we must receive the following items in the office no later than 30 days prior to your event:
- All forms must be completed in full or they will not be accepted.
- Payment must accompany completed forms
**Please Note: For EQUESTRIAN CANADA sanctioned PRAIRIE CUP shows, visit Equestrian Canada for up to date guides and forms.
Your Show Prize List
- Prize lists should not be posted until you have received acceptance confirmation from the office, please check the Guidelines for Approval
- Send in PDF format to [email protected].
- Once approved, it will be posted for public access on our event listing.
A $50 Deposit Cheque
- To be deposited only if results forms are returned to us later than 2 weeks after your event. If results are submitted in a timely fashion the cheque will be destroyed.
Once your prize list is approved you will receive the following:
- First Place Ribbons for all approved classes
- Show Permit
- Rulebook(if purchased)
Digital Show Package
- Results Forms
- Sanction Certificate
- Sportsmanship/Mentorship/Volunteer Nomination Forms
- Accident Report Form
Once your show is completed, the following must be received in the office within 14 days:
- Show results MUST be on the official results forms provided to you.
- Placings must be to 5th for Heritage Circuit regardless of if the competitor is an SHF member or not. For Prairie Cup, placings must be to 8th.
Heritage Circuit Nomination Forms
- Any nominations completed at your show must be returned to the office with payment to be valid.
- Return any complete Sportsmanship, Mentorship, or Volunteer Award nomination forms.
- In case of an incident, complete an Accident Report Form and return it to the office.