What is Prairie Cup?
Prairie Cup Circuit is a provincial competition program with the purpose of generating and maintaining participation in High Performance disciplines across Saskatchewan by supporting clubs, gaining interest from athletes, coaches and breeders to competitions at a High Performance level. The Saskatchewan Horse Federation strives to ensure that competitive athletes have the opportunity to compete provincially and at a national level.
SHF rewards athletes for their dedication to the equestrian competitive sports. After having nominated, and qualifying at provincial shows, points from the annual standings are then calculated and prizes are distributed during a special ceremony at the end of the fiscal year.
To be able to hold a Heritage Circuit or Prairie Cup recognized show we must receive in the office the following forms no later than 30 days prior to your event:
- Prize List (PDF format sent via email - Once checked, it will be posted for public access on our event listing)
Show Forms - Click here for the 2017 Package
Prairie Cup Prize List approval & Guidelines Click Here
- $50 Deposit Cheque which will be used only if results forms are returned to us later than 2 weeks after your event. If results are submitted in a timely fashion the cheque will be destroyed.
- All forms must be completed in full or they will not be accepted.
- Prize lists must clearly indicate Prairie Cup or Heritage Circuit Status.
- Prize lists should not be posted until you have received acceptance confirmation from the office.
- We expect that your forms will be into the office in a timely fashion. We request that we have them at least a month prior to your show so that we can ensure that your show packages will arrive on time. Any late forms are subject to a penalty fee.
- Show results MUST be on the forms we provide to you.
- Placings must be to 5th for Heritage Circuit regardless of if the competitor is an SHF member or not. For Prairie Cup, placings must be to 8th.
Equine Canada Competitions:
For Equine Canada competitions you will also require the following:
Once your prize list is approved you will receive the following:
Digital Show Package:
- Results Forms
- Sanction Certificate
- Sportsmanship/Mentorship/Volunteer Nomination Form
- Accident Report Form
Extra Downloadable Forms:
Nomination Form Package
- First Place Ribbons for all approved classes
- Show Permit
- Rulebook(if purchased)