The Heritage Circuit is a provincial competition program with the purpose of generating and maintaining participation in General Performance across Saskatchewan by supporting clubs, gaining interest from athletes, coaches and breeders to competitions at an introductory level. The Saskatchewan Horse Federation ensures that riders of all ages, recreational or competitive, have the opportunity to learn to compete, keeping fees reasonable and competitions accessible in each of the Sport Districts around the province.
Prairie Cup is a provincial competition program with the purpose of generating and maintaining participation in High Performance disciplines across Saskatchewan by supporting clubs, gaining interest from athletes, coaches and breeders to competitions at a High Performance level. The Saskatchewan Horse Federation strives to ensure that competitive athletes have the opportunity to compete provincially and at a national level.
SHF rewards athletes for their dedication to the equestrian competitive sports. After having nominated, and qualifying at provincial shows, points from the annual standings are then calculated and prizes are distributed during a special ceremony at the end of the fiscal year.
Planning a show this year? Send us your Date Reservation Form so we can add it to the events calendar.
Looking for a judge?
To hold a Heritage Circuit or Prairie Cup recognized show we must receive the following items in the office no later than 30 days prior to your event:
- Payment (including a $50 refundable deposit) must accompany completed forms
- If you have insurance through CapriCMW or another service provider, please include a copy of your 'Certificate of Insurance'
**Please Note: For EQUESTRIAN CANADA sanctioned shows, visit Equestrian Canada for up to date guides and forms.
Your Show Prize List
- Prize lists should not be posted until you have received acceptance confirmation from the office.
- Send in PDF format to [email protected]
- Once approved, it will be posted for public access on our event listing.
Once your prize list is approved you will receive the following:
- First Place SHF Ribbons for all approved Heritage Circuit and Prairie Cup classes
- Show Permit
- SHF Rulebook
Digital Show Package
- Results Forms
- Sanction Certificate
- Nomination Forms
- Sportsmanship/Mentorship/Volunteer Nomination Forms
- Incident Reporting Form
Once your show is completed, the following documents must be received in the office within 14 days. If they are not received within 14 days, your $50 deposit with be forfeited.
- Show results must be returned on the official results forms provided, or a comparable excel spreadsheet.
- Placings must be to 5th for Heritage Circuit regardless of if the competitor is an SHF member or not. For Prairie Cup, placings must be to 8th.
- Any Heritage Circuit or Prairie Cup nominations completed at your show must be returned to the office with payment
- Return any complete Sportsmanship, Mentorship, or Volunteer Award nomination forms.
- In case of an incident, complete an Incident Reporting Form and forward a copy to the SHF Office.