Equine Welfare Award
The Saskatchewan Horse Federation Health and Welfare Committee will present one award, annually, as an award of distinction in Equine Welfare.
This award recognizes at least one of the following:
- Integration of animal welfare into their core business strategies where the honoree has demonstrated leadership and commitment in dealing with issues relevant to animal care.
- An active role in effectively conveying equine welfare issues and raising awareness of equine welfare with the general public.
- Through practices as a horse owner or interaction with others, the importance of a commitment to responsible equine care.
- Awards are offered and recipients chosen by the Saskatchewan Horse Federation (SHF).
- Nominators and nominees do not have to belong to SHF.
- Awards will be presented annually at the SHF Annual General Meeting
- Nominations must be received by January 15
- Recipients must be Saskatchewan residents who are actively involved in the equine industry
2020 Award Recipient
Sierra Sauer, the recipient of the 2020 Equine Welfare Award, was nominated by Dr. Carmalt of the Western College of Veterinary Medicine in January 2021. He nominated Sierra for the maturity and grace she displayed when making extremely difficult decisions regarding her horse 'Roll'. She received the award at our 2021 Year End Awards on March 19, 2022. In the photo, Sierra (right) is presented the Award by Shirley Brodsky, former chair of the Equine Welfare Committee.
Award Sponsored by: